Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sunflower Seeds and Strawberries

As I ponder upon what my next meal will be, I also wonder how many people know that snacking is essential to maintaining a healthy weight.   I can't tell you how many times I've heard people talking about snacking as if it's such a vice!  Snacking helps to keep metabolism at a steady pace, prevents you from gorging at other meals, and keeps your energy up throughout the day.. that is, if you choose the right snacks.  I chose sunflower seeds and strawberries as my third mini- meal today because the sunflower seeds are a good source of protein, good fats and B-Complex vitamins while the strawberries are a hydrating source of vitamin C and other antioxidants.  They're the perfect energy- boosting combo!  Create other winning snack combos by swapping the sunflower seeds for other kinds of seeds or nuts like pumpkin, walnuts or almonds, and the strawberries for blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, or other fruits.   Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment